Some modules in the core layer oversee, if the usage of the software corresponds with the acquired licenses. They recognize when a license ends soon or when the software is used deviating from the provisions stipulated in the license agreement.
A license is granted
- per SAP installation number and a list of valid system numbers and hardware keys
- per application module and factory
- per license term for a licensed period,
- during trial installation or rental with time limit
- if purchased, for the time of a current maintenance contract
If a license term is exceeded, a warning message will be issued for a remaining useful life of 30 days. If the license is not renewed during this period, no data transfers will be carried out afterwards.
When the software is used on systems with non-approved system numbers or SAP installation numbers, a warning message appears and the software does not become active.
Read more in: The Version Management